We believe that everyone who works in this school, both children and adults, should look smart and take a pride in their appearance. Children are required to wear the school uniform.
Dear Parents/Carers. The Academy’s uniform can be purchased from Super Sports shop in Tunstall. Ties are also available to purchase from the Academy reception. The proposal is for the uniform below to be effective after Easter 2020 (however, parents/carers may wish to start this sooner).
If you do have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Steele (Assistant Principal KS2), Mrs Hulme (Assistant Principal EY/KS1) or Mrs Mills (Principal)
- One single small plain gold or silver stud in each ear is permitted; the stud must be worn in the lower part of the earlobe and must be removed for PE and swimming. No other visible piercings.
Uniform: Please ensure that your child’s uniform is labelled.
- Blazer – year 6 only.
- Purple Mill Hill jumper or cardigan. (The uniform shop will now only supply a V neck jumper with the new school logo. Children who have the Crew neck jumper with the old logo can still wear this until they grow out of it).
- White shirts (all years), no Polo Shirts. Short sleeved shirts for Nursery and Reception. Long or short sleeved shirts Years 1 – 6.
- School ties, (nursery to year 6). Parents may choose either the clip on, or elasticated ties.
- Black or grey school trousers, skirts or dresses (no leggings).
- Shoes must be formal, flat dress style and plain black leather, patent leather or leather-looking. They must be able to be polished and must have no visible logos. Trainer style shoes/pumps, regardless of the retailer description, are not allowed. Canvas or fabric shoes are not allowed. Medical information can be provided to the Academy if alternative footwear is needed.
- Plain black or grey socks/tights.
- Plain (no buckles, fur etc.) black, leather/patent ankle These should be “Chelsea” style and not Doc Martins for e.g.
- In the summer, purple, checked, gingham dresses with white socks or plain black or grey tailored shorts may be worn if parents/carers wish.
PE Kit: Reception – Year 6
Please ensure that your child’s PE kit is labelled
- Black plain (no logos) jogging bottoms, shorts, or leggings.
- Purple Mill Hill PE T Shirt.
- Trainers (preferably no pumps)
- Black or Purple plain jumper/tracksuit top (no logos) or a Mill Hill fleece.
Hair and Beauty
- No extreme hairstyles, colours or novelty accessories (unless there is a special request to the Principal, or there is an organised Academy event).
- Hairstyles must be plain and practical for school. There should be no extremes of fashion including steps, lines, shaved styles, elaborate braiding or non-natural hair colouring.
- No make-up.
- No nail varnish, gel polish, or acrylic nails and nails should be kept short.