There are loads of great sports and social activities for kids to get involved with during school holidays. These are a great way for kids to learn new skills, grow their confidence and make new friends. However, not all activity leaders may have undergone training and it’s important that you are sure your kids are safe.
Be aware and don’t forget to CHECK:
- Are you confident they are qualified to lead the activity?
- Do they have a history of leading activities?
- Do they have experience of working with children and teens?
- Have they undergone any necessary police checks?
- Do they have knowledge of their safeguarding responsibilities?
Similarly, if you lead activities with children and young people, it’s important that you know how to
deal with any safeguarding concerns.
For more information, visit www.safeguardingchildren.stoke.gov.uk